To be honest, I’m not a big fan of stuffing but I have to say these are pretty tasty. Also, these are great to eat throughout the holiday season, not just Thanksgiving.
Vegan Stuffing Cakes Recipe
- 1- 8 ounce package Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks organic celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed meal (get it here)
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil* (get it here)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon organic sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
*You can also refer to this resource: Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (we use Silpat) or parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large (4-quart) saucepan over medium-high.
- Add celery, and salt and saute, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in stuffing mix and herbs until well combined and then begin stirring in stock a little at a time until a moist but firm consistency is achieved.
- Whisk flas seed into melted coconut oil/butter, drizzle over mixture, and stir to completely incorporate.
- Divide into 8 equal scoops on prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each into a 3/4-inch disk and bake for about 15 minutes or until set and enticingly crispy on the exterior.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Inspired by The Blooming Platter