Broccoli contains more protein per calorie than steak.
This highly-nutritious vegetable (superfood) is loaded with fiber and vitamin C, and has disease-fighting compounds. However, this recipe will make you forget that you’re even eating vegetables.
Coconut oil, roasted pecans, vegan Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice when mixed together over roasted broccoli is a synergy of healthy food and flavor.
Make this for your non-vegetarian friends, I promise they’ll all love it.
- 4 cups of broccoli (about 2 big heads), chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan Parmesan cheese (recipe 1 | recipe 2)
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 4 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1-2 tsp flaky sea salt
- Place the chopped broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the garlic evenly on top of the broccoli and then drizzle melted coconut oil. Sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 425 degrees, until some of the florets are lightly browned.
- After removing the broccoli from the oven, immediately toss with lemon juice, pecans, and vegan Parmesan cheese.