Vegetarian Pasta with Simple, Fresh Ingredients
Take a couple avocados, some fresh basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then, just throw it all into a food processor and let it ride. Mix with some sweet cherry tomatoes and perfectly cooked spaghetti and get ready to smile!
Yield 4 servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti in salt water according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, and halved cherry tomatoes.
Adapted from http://damndelicious.net/2014/06/20/avocado-pasta/